Based in New York City
Treachery in Beatdown City is a dark comedy political thriller tactical beat 'em up set in an alternate reality future. The US President, Blake Orama, is kidnapped by Ninja Dragon Terrorists. With the billionaire mayor, Mike Moneybags, refusing to do anything about it, the police chief, Antonio Santiago, calls on three unique fighters: Lisa Santiago, Bruce Maxwell and Brad "The Bull Killer" Steele, to bring back the president. Fight through grungy grunts, grapplin' thugs, sneaky punks, kidnappin' ninjas terrorists, cyborgs and more to bring the president back alive!
Treachery in Beatdown City is a game about a ridiculous vision of a dystopian future, that went from being a passion side project while working AAA development jobs to being kickstarter funded. Years later, it is close to launch under similarly bleak and dour times. The years of development have helped the design and humor in Treachery in Beatdown City to grow, and create a dark comedy game intent on punching up at the forces of evil!
- Switch on the fly between 3 fighters - an MMA fighter and Boxer, a Jeet Kune Do/Capoeira specialist, and a professional wrestler.
- Use a mix of real time and tactical COMBO MENU based attacks to tackle your foes!
- Fight over 60 class based enemies, with a health based behavior system built to keep players on their toes!
- Music by Inverse Phase, creator of such albums as Pretty Eight Machine and the Chipping of Isaac
- Choose from dozens of attacks to create long chains of strike combos, grapple combos, grappl-ombos and more!
Fight for the Future YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Featured at Kickstarter Ghost Arcade." New York, 29 October, 2016
- "Featured at GX4." GX4, October, 2016
- "Treachery In Beatdown City Will Rearrange The Face Of Modern Brawlers"
- Mo Mozuch, iDgital Times
- "Treachery in Beatdown City looks like a fascinating hybrid of well-worn gameplay mechanics made fresh as a result of their fusion."
- Michael McWhertor, Polygon
- "Treachery in Beatdown City brings a unique approach to combat."
- Molly Patterson, EGM Now - Hidden Gems of Pax East 2014
- "You're bringing this to Japan, right?"
- SUDA 51, Grasshopper Manufacture
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
Available from inversephase.bandcamp.com.
This is the kickstarter that was successfully funded! kickstarter.com.
Treachery in Beatdown City is a dark comedy set in an alternate reality future. Now in his third term, the US President, Barak Orama, is kidnapped by Ninja Dragon Terrorists. The billionaire mayor, Mike Moneybags, has shut down the police, demanding funding from the government. The police chief, Antonio Santiago, calls on three unique fighters, Lisa Santiago, Bruce Maxwell and Brad "The Bull Killer" Steele, to rescue the president. Players will use an all new tactical beat 'em up fighting system to fight through thugs, punks, ninjas, cybgorgs, as well as gentrification, racism and more on a global quest to bring the president back alive.
More information on Nuchallenger, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Treachery in Beatdown City Credits
Shawn Alexander Allen
Designer, Artist, Writer, Most other things
Manuel Nico Marcano