Based in New York City
Treachery in Beatdown City is a dark comedy action street fighting thriller that gives players the freedom to fight how they want against an increasingly ridiculous cast of enemies. The US President Blake Orama has been kidnapped by Ninja Dragon Terrorists! Take to the streets with 3 unique fighters - Lisa, the Boxing/MMA expert, Brad, a pro-wrestler with a love of fire, and Jeet Kune Do/Capoeira fighter Bruce. Use an all new tactical-brawling system to fight through hoards of disorderly thugs, shouting drunks, disorderly cyclists, entitled joggers, rapping grapplers, affluent punks, ninjas, terrorists, ninja terrorists, cyborgs (?) and MORE! Will they save the president? You have to play to find out!
Treachery in Beatdown City started as a passion project while working AAA development jobs to being a kickstarter funded full time obsession. Years later, after numerous ups and downs Treachery in Beatdown City is close to launch! The years of development have helped the game design and writing in Treachery in Beatdown City to grow, and create a dark comedy game intent on punching up at the forces of evil!
- Choose from dozens of attacks to create long chains of strike combos, grapple combos, and strikeagrapple-ombos!
- Switch between 3 fighters in between fights - Lisa, an MMA fighter and Boxer, Bruce, a Jeet Kune Do/Capoeira specialist, and a Brad, a former professional wrestler.
- Use a mix of real time and tactical COMBO MENU based attacks to tackle your foes!
- Fight over 40 class based enemies, each with a health based behavior system built to change up attacks and keep players on their toes!
- Music by Inverse Phase, creator of such albums as Pretty Eight Machine and the Chipping of Isaac
Release Date Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Sidequesting's Team Choice Award at PAX East 2019." Boston, MA - March 28 - March 31, 2019
- "Featured at PAX Rising at PAX East 2019." Boston, MA - March 28 - March 31, 2019
- "Featured at PAX Rising at PAX West 2018." Seattle, WA - August 31 - September 3, 2018
- "Featured at the MIX during E3 2018." Los Angeles, June 13, 2018
- "One of "The Best Indie Games Of PAX East 2019""
- USgamer, The Best Indie Games of PAX East 2019
- "One of "The Best Indie Games Of E3 2018""
- Game Informer, The Best Indie Games of E3 2018
- "25 Fantastic Games That We Can't Wait To Play Again(Pax West 2018)"
- Alessandro Fillari, Gamespot.com
- "Treachery in Beatdown City Breathes New Life Into the Beat ‘Em Up Genre"
- Tony Polanco, Geek.com
- "Treachery In Beatdown City Will Rearrange The Face Of Modern Brawlers"
- Mo Mozuch, iDgital Times
- "Treachery in Beatdown City brings a unique approach to combat."
- Molly Patterson, EGM Now - Hidden Gems of Pax East 2014
- "You're bringing this to Japan, right?"
- SUDA 51,
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below to complete a distribute() request and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Available from inversephase.bandcamp.com.
Welcome to Beatdown City (Theme by Open Mike Eagle)
Available on Soundcloud soundcloud.com.
This is the kickstarter that was successfully funded! kickstarter.com.
Nuchallenger is an independent games and culture studio founded in 2012 by Shawn Alexander Allen, working with frequent collaborator Hurakan Works, a studio founded by Manuel Nico Marcano. Nuchallenger was founded to create a studio that wasn't just another static studio, but rather a studio that could grow and work with new collaborators from project to project. Before going independent Shawn headed up the game capture team for Rockstar Games, working on industry defining games, and trailers with millions of views.
More information on Nuchallenger, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Treachery in Beatdown City Credits
Shawn Alexander Allen
Designer, Artist, Writer, Most other things
Manuel Nico Marcano